Accel North America " ANPR ASSIST " is software for automatic recognition of number plate from a vehicle image. Accel North America has developed the algorithms internally and is available as a library for prospective clients with relevant user manual.
The output from this software will be the image of the extracted number plate and the vehicle number in ASCII format.
Accel technologies ANPR system is shown in figure. The system will have an image collection module
to collect still images of the vehicle and pass to an image processing module, the ANPR engine. ANPR
engine will do all the image processing operations to extract the number plate image and also to
extract the vehicle number in ASCII form. The extracted number plate image and the vehicle number
(ASCII No.) will be displayed along with input image in the application GUI.
Accel North America Automatic Number Plate Recognition algorithm has the following modules.
- 1) A module for Number plate extraction from the input image.
- 2) A module for Enhancing the Number plate image for preparing the image for better deskew and OCR result.
- 3) A Deskew module to apply skew correction for the recognized number plate image
- 4) An Optical Character Recognition module for optical character recognition of the number plate.
Following assumptions are made during the project
- 1. Photograph of the front or rear side of the vehicle is used for extracting the number plate.
- 2. Number plate of the vehicle in the image is not dirty.
- 3. Number plate follows its standards in that particular country.
- 4. Number plate of the vehicle is not hidden by any other obstacle.
- 5. The number plate in the photograph is not very small comparing to the size of the photograph.
- 6. Standard font size and font direction is followed in the number plate.
We position this software library for prospective product manufacturers in two different business models:
Model 1 – The object code library could be bought out for a one time price and the customer can integrate it with the final product the
manufacturer intends to bring out. In this model, Accel retains the rights to further modify and customize the library for future potential sale
and prohibits the buyer from any further as-is sale of the library. Accel also allows the buyer to integrate the library to as many product lines
as required by the customer and the library may not be shared with any of its partners, third party vendors or its clients without written consent
of Accel. Accel will provide six month’s warranty for the library from the date of purchase.
Model 2 – The object code library may be bought and integrated for one product line and a royalty per product sold by the customer will be the basis of revenue for Accel. Accel will retain the right for further sale of the library and prohibits the customer from integrating the library to more product lines than the identified product. Accel prohibits the buyer from any as-is sale of the library.